The Kodenkan Center
The Kodenkan Center offers an array of martial arts and self defense classes for the Tucson community, with courses for children and adults. It is an affiliate of the Kodenkan Yudanshakai, one of the oldest martial arts organizations in Tucson, Arizona.
Martial arts are excellent means of improving one's physical and mental well being.
Check us in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kodenkancentertucson
Kodenkan Yudanshakai Senior Clinics
OPEN TO KDK MEMBERS 14 AND OLDER
White through black belts!
Friday, September 9, 2016
5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
KODENKAN CENTER Dojo
3127 N Stone Ave, Suite 115
Saturday, September 10, 2016
8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
4100 South Palo Verde Road
Tanque Verde Swap Meet-Sellers entrance
Cost: $10.00 each day
At the Kodenkan Center:
Shihan Irene Swanson teaches a Kenjutsu (Sword Techniques) class the first Saturday of every month from 12:50 to 2:00. The class is open to brown belts and up, members of the KDK. If not a brown belt, student must be 16 years of age; permission of the student's Sensei is required.
- Matsunoryu Goshinjitsu - A modern martial arts style. Learn practical self defense techniques, with emphasis on throwing and grappling. Classes available for adults and children.
- Shorin Ryu Karate - A classical art. Karate emphasizes striking and kicking techniques as well as developing mental focus (kime). Classes are available for teens and adults.
- Danzan Ryu Jujitsu - A traditional style with emphasis on the mental, physical and spiritual development. Classes are available for all ages.
- Cardio Karate - A fun workout that combines basic self defense techniques with aerobic exercise.
- Little Dragons (ages 3-5) Get your little ones involved in a fun physical activity. Children learn basic martial arts and physical conditioning. Emphasis is placed on discipline, patience, focus and respect for self and others.